To know more about how to recondition a lead-acid battery, send over ... nc ez battery reconditioning review 2016; reconditioning batteries;.
how to recondition 12v lead acid battery forbattery restoration guide
TRACTORS · GENERATORS · POWER EQUIPMENT · AND MORE
(Use this plan when servicing your customer''s what you do...
HERE''m certainly glad your out there. Have a terrific day.
recondition 12v lead acid battery 🔥how to recondition 12v lead acid battery for
****************************************************I’m 86, been around a long time, heard a lot of stories, some fact most fiction.
I owned and drove my own midget race car for 12 years. I purchased it from Kurtis Kraft. (see photo) . This was 1951-1963.
I’m writing this to tell all of you, if you go to the auto parts store for a battery, be ready to pay $80.00 to $120.00.
Here are the facts, not fiction. My Lincoln Town Car battery gave up (so I thought) after 4 years, I had paid $55.00 new for it in 2008. I went to a nationwide auto parts store (where I have a resale # and discount). The cheapest I could buy one was $84.00 and the best was $127.00. I snatched the battery out of my 1977 MKV (this is a keeper) and was back in business. I started with reading up on Edison and Tesla, (his coil) and then went to the computer and found Walt Barrett and his Web Page www.batterychem.biz.
I was crew chief on the #41 car at the Indy 500 in 1956 (see photo). I know chassis, I also know engines, and I called Walt because I knew nothing about batteries. He has a reconditioning solution and method that works!!!
I reconditioned the original battery per his video and instructions and “Bingo” my Town Car starts every morning if needed!! See photo of 1978 Modified Stock Car for “run what you bring” open comp stock car dirt. Holds track records at Cornora ½ mile & Chula Vista ½ mile.
That car, and Phantom 1, the midget I built for him, (Brad Dunham) were battery operated (ignition). See photo.
Email: [email protected]
Hi my name is Manny and I own a shipping company. In my warehouse, I use 2 forklifts and 1 power jack daily. I was having lots of problems with my forklift batteries, they weren’t charging and it got to the point that they wouldn’t even take a charge. I called a company to come and repair them. I knew I didn’t want to buy new ones because it would be too expensive. The repair man came by and tested the batteries and said they were junk, there was nothing he or anyone could do to fix them! He suggested I put my name on a waiting list for used batteries. Which even used would run me about $5200 a piece!
Hi Walt and John,
We sell all of our scrap batteries by the truckload. Most of the big battery companies will buy them back and recycle them. They use the lead, the plastic, and the acid. Nothing is wasted. They will buy them by the trailer load. They will for 1 last update 2020/07/03 usually pick up if you have a full trailer load.
Auto Meter BusPro 600s
recondition 12v lead acid battery 👍how to recondition 12v lead acid battery for 12 Volt 5 Amp
Six Station Battery Charger
|PORTABLE WATER DEIONIZERS|
| Our units produce laboratory grade deionized water used in everything from auto detailing, manufacturing to kidney dialysis. Deionization is a method used by laboratories to produce purified water. The pure definition: "". The term is generally used with respect to the removal of ions from water. Deionization is commonly achieved by passing the water through successive ion exchange columns. In one column, ions are exchanged for H+ ions. In another column, anions are exchanged for OH- ions. Following a reaction of H+ with OH- ions, no ions remain in solution. It is produced through ion exchange. Simply said, water flows over porous beads that are positively and negatively charged and the minerals or total dissolved solids are removed. These ion exchange columns are porous beads called exchange resins. |
recondition 12v lead acid battery 🔥how to recondition 12v lead acid battery for Capability of ModelsCAPACITY:
The effectiveness of the DI process is determined by measuring the resistivity/conductivity of the deionized water, many times measured in parts per million (PPM). Water quality from deionizers varies with the type of resin, feed water quality, flow, efficiency of regeneration, remaining capacity, temperature, etc.
The TDS of the water source will help to determine local capacity of your unit and output of our deionizer to indicate when change-out is necessary can be done easily with our simple to use meter provided. The TDS can range from zero to 1000 PPM. The frequency for refilling is dependent upon the TDS of the water source, flow rate and the gallons used per application.
|Warranty and quality performance is the best in industry! Again, our units produce laboratory grade deionized water used in everything from auto detailing, manufacturing to kidney dialysis. Our deionization systems use only a premium grade virgin exchange resin. Our systems use high quality exchange resin from the leading supplier of specialty resins for ion exchange, catalyst, absorbents and specialty applications markets worldwide. It would be very difficult for any manufacturer to provide rock-solid numbers for resistivity, conductivity and the associated parts-per-million without a water analysis being completed. All of our systems are produced using high grade polyglass tanks, design with wide mouth cap for easy refill, includes rugged construction and are adaptable for either hose or pipe thread connections.|
MAKE CHECKS/ M.O. PAYABLE TO: A to Z Global Marketing Inc. MAKE CHECKS/ M.O. PAYABLE TO: A to Z Global Marketing Inc.
CHECK PAYMENTS ARE HELD 10 DAYS TO CLEAR.
recondition 12v lead acid battery 🔥how to recondition 12v lead acid battery for CREDIT CARD ORDERS CAN BE TAKEN OVER THE TELEPHONE.
DIAL 401-725-8141 MON.-FRI. 8AM-5PM EASTERN for 1 last update 2020/07/03 TIME. DIAL 401-725-8141 MON.-FRI. 8AM-5PM EASTERN TIME.
VISA • MASTERCARD • AMERICAN EXPRESS • DISCOVER
ALL SALES ARE FINAL. WE WILL REPLACE ANY DEFECTIVE MERCHANDISE.
NO DELIVERIES TO P.O. BOXES! WE NEED A STREET ADDRESS TO DELIVER TO
PLEASE INCLUDE for 1 last update 2020/07/03 YOUR PHONE NUMBER; WE CANNOT SHIP WITHOUT IT!PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR PHONE NUMBER; WE CANNOT SHIP WITHOUT IT!
Here is a brief summary of what to do...
The first thing that you must realize is that not all batteries can be rejuvenated. They must undergo a few simple tests to determine their present condition.
You will need some simple equipment and supplies in order to perform the required tests and to recondition the batteries:
1. A DC voltmeter.
2. An automotive battery load tester. It comes with full instructions from the manufacturer.
3. A battery Hydrometer.
4. A small electric drill.
5. A good quality battery charger.
6. A pair of homemade wire probes to clip to the test leads on your voltmeter. These are used to test each cell in the battery. They should be about eight inches long and can be made from brass brazing rod. This retards corrosion of the probes.
7. A plastic funnel to add the chemicals into each cell.
8. A supply of the Battery Chem™ battery treatment chemical to dissolve the buildup of sulfates in the bottom of the battery.
9. A stop drill bit to drill holes in the top of sealed batteries.
10. A supply of plastic plugs to seal the holes in the top of the batteries after repairs are completed. A good quality face shield to protect you eyes and face. NEVER WORK ON BATTERIES NEAR AN OPEN FLAME OR WHILE SMOKING. THE GAS FROM THE BATTERY CAN EXPLODE! ALSO, THE BATTERY ACID CAN BURN YOUR SKIN AND CLOTHING. Connecting cables to charge more than one battery at a time in parallel or in series if you have a series charger. Do not overload your charger.
This should cover your equipment and supply needs.
Now we will explain how to evaluate the battery for rebuilding or for scrap.
1. Place the battery on your test bench. Connect your load tester to the positive and negative terminals. The positive terminal is always the larger terminal and should have a + sign on it or next to it. DO NOT HOOK UP BACKWARDS AS YOU COULD DAMAGE THE LOAD TESTER. ALWAYS PUT THE POSITIVE LEAD ON FIRST AND REMOVE IT LAST TO AVOID DANGEROUS SPARKS.
2. Read the voltage shown on the load test meter. If the voltage is less than 12 volts chances are that the battery cannot be rebuilt. In the case of a six-volt battery it should read six volts. A battery that reads a volt less might bear further investigating. While the load tester is still hooked up you should perform a load test. Pressing the button on the tester and watching the needle does the test. Hold the button down for ten or fifteen seconds. If the needle drops like a rock and stays on zero the battery is probably junk. If the needle gradually climbs up to the yellow or green on the load test dial there is a good chance the battery can be rebuilt. Remember that each cell if it is working should read two volts. If the meter only reads ten volts total then you must have a dead cell. We don’t fix dead cells because we don’t take batteries apart.
3. One more set of tests that you can perform just to be sure is the cell test. We do two of them. One with a voltmeter and one with the battery hydrometer. If the battery has caps, pry them off. If it is sealed, drill the holes in the top of each cell with a stop drill so you won''s carelessness they wore a hole in it and you want to repair the hole and refill that cell. NEVER ADD ACID TO A BATTERY JUST TO SERVICE IT. YOU MIGHT BLOW IT UP! The best way to repair a hole in a battery is to use some fiberglass cloth and a two part epoxy resin repair kit. Just mix up the resin as per instructions and use it to glue several layers of the patch cloth over the hole. It is very important that you clean off the area around the hole with solvent that won't leave a residue (Denatured alcohol) and scratch up the case so the epoxy will stick better. Many a good battery has been saved with this procedure. Most of this is just common sense and always clean the rebuilt batteries with a mild solution of baking soda and water to neutralize the acid, and also clean up the terminals so that every battery looks as good as new.
BATTERY LONGEVITY TIPS
|1. Never buy a sealed battery. Always buy a battery with water filler service caps. |
2. Check the water level in your battery every 30 days. Be sure to wear eye, face, and hand protection. Do not make flames, or sparks near a battery.
3. Never add tap water to your battery. Always add distilled water from the Super Market. Do not overfill. Just keep the water level 1/4 inch above the battery plates. Use a flash light to see in the filler ports to view the plates.
4. Be sure to add one tablespoon of Battery Chem™ to each cell in your battery at least once a year. Well maintained batteries can last over 12 years.
5. Clean your battery cables every 6 months. To prevent dangerous sparks and burns from accidental grounding always remove the negative ground cable connector first and replace it last when servicing the battery terminals.
6. Always practice full safety precautions when servicing lead acid batteries
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
|Battery Chem™ Questions and Answers |
Q. Can Battery Chem™ work as it say it does?
A. Battery Chem™ works on 70% of the batteries that are able to pass our initial tests as explained in our training manuals and videos. Battery Chem™ will not repair a shorted or totally dead cell. It is mainly for the recharging of sulfated lead acid batteries. Read the training manual and watch the videos on this website.
Q. On average, how long does it extend the battery life?
A. Our testing shows that when our chemical is used in a quality battery it will last from 2 to 5 years.
We have revived giant forklift batteries that have sat in freezing cold warehouses for three years and were never charged even one time. Battery reconditioning is not an exact science and results often vary. But 70% success is a reliable figure. We are selling literally tons of it here in the USA. It is going to people who recondition batteries by the 5 gallon pail. We have also sold it to members of the military. Our factory in India has also. We have already received certifications.
Q. How can I try this for myself?
A. You can purchase a sample package of Battery Chem™. There is enough to recondition two automobile batteries. Purchase a sample package on this website.
Q. How long has Battery Chem™ been on the market?
A. We have successfully manufactured and sold Battery Chem™ for over 25 years.
Q. Are there any other products out there like Battery Chem™?
A. We sell a dry mixed chemical compound and I have never seen another product like it. We have tested many liquid products with very bad results.
Q. Do we need a business license and permit for a Battery Chem™ business?
A. It would depend on your city and its rules and regulations if you need a business license and permit. If you were going to do your business from a garage where people would be coming to drop off batteries, then I would think it is advisable to check with your town/city requirements.
Q. Are there grants for this type of business?
A. We suggest that you check with your town/city offices. There may be something that you can learn about to help start your business. Battery Chem™ helps keep batteries out of the landfills before their time. You never know until you ask.
Q. If I put in too much Battery Chem™, will it ruin the battery?
A. You can never ruin a battery by putting in more Battery Chem™. Check on this web site for the correct amount for the automobile batteries, and the forklift batteries.
Q. When I recondition a fork lift battery is there anything else I should do after it is finished?
A. Yes, you should always tell the customer about the Monthly Maintenance Agreement that you have. It will not only keep you in front of your customer, but it will also save your customer money because you will be there checking the battery monthly, to make sure that it is working correctly.
Q. What are the advantages of selling the Monthly Maintenance Agreement to my forklift battery customer?
A. Most batteries fail early because of improper service. The people that drive the forklifts just don’t care about them. They do not belong to them, and they also don’t have to pay to replace the batteries. For instance they let the batteries go dry and then they add tap water instead of distilled water. Based on our experiences a battery can last three to four times longer with proper service and Battery Chem™….that’s the reason you should promote your Monthly Maintenance Service to your customer.
Q. I have heard that over time adding water to the battery weakens the acid. Will adding Battery Chem™ stop the need to add acid?
A. We have found that many service people are sucking out worn out electrolyte and replacing it with fresh acid and then adding Battery Chem™. You have to be careful not to exceed the normal specific gravity reading though. The old acid does wear out.
Q. Does Battery Chem™ work on golf cart batteries also?
A. Battery Chem™ is great for golf cart batteries! Each cart, depending on the make and model, have either 4 – 6 batteries per cart, and you would charge a fee for each battery you service. As you can see, this is a very profitable business to be in! A good idea would be to do one cart for them for free, and when they see the great results you get from Battery Chem™, they will hire you to do the rest of their fleet. The batteries in the carts are 6 volt batteries-- they have less cells, but they are larger by volume, so you would use 2 tablespoons per cell.
Q. Do you have some type of guide on how to price golf cart batteries that we recondition?
A. You would set your own price according to what your market will allow in your area. Also look up the cost of replacement batteries to get an idea of what to charge your customer.
Q. If the battery must always read 12V before its ready to add Battery Chem™, if it doesn’t ready 12Volts, does it mean it can’t be saved or that it’s life can’t be extended?
A. If the voltage is below 12 volts, you can give the battery a 30 minute hi amp charge and then retest the total voltage. Make sure to do a load test also. After you treat the battery, you charge it on high amps until you see all the cells bubbling. That takes 15-20 minutes then, at 2 amp usually overnight. It varies from battery to battery. If you do not have our automatic chargers, you just keep monitoring and load testing the batteries. After a few batteries you get a feel for testing and charging times.
Q. Once the Battery Chem™ has been added and charged, how often do you have to add Battery Chem™ again and re-charge it?
A. Once a year should be fine. If the alternator on the vehicle is working properly, you should not have to charge the battery. The alternator should keep it charged. If a battery goes dead, it can be from a bad alternator, dirty cables, loose connections, or a defective voltage regulator.
Q. How much Battery Chem™ is needed to recondition a battery?
A. 6 Volt Battery = 2 tablespoons of Battery Chem™ per cell
Solar Battery = 2 tablespoons of Battery Chem™ per cell
12 Volt Battery = 1 tablespoon of Battery Chem™ per cell
Forklift Battery = 1 cup of Battery Chem™ per cell
Q. How about 18 wheelers? Is Battery Chem™ good for them also?
A. Of course! Battery Chem™ is effective on all lead acid batteries. There are usually 4 per truck. The batteries are 12 volts in most cases, and it is advisable to put 2 tablespoons per cell instead of one. All the cells should be tested for 2 volts each, before adding chemicals.
Q. How do you test a fork lift battery?
A. The testing for the forklift battery reconditioning is exactly the same as in the video for the regular 12 volt batteries, except that forklift batteries have 12 cells = 24 volts, 18 cells = 36 volts, and 24 cells = 48 volts. The larger batteries are required because more power is needed to lift the larger loads.
Each cell should read at least 2.2 volts to 2.5 volts when fully charged. The technician should charge the battery, do the tests, then add the Battery Chem™ to each cell. It is best to add 1 cup per cell. Then put the battery back into service, and it will continue to improve with each charging, discharging, and recharging cycle. Charging, discharging and recharging results in a vast improvement in battery performance. You can see a real time video on this website.
Q. Do batteries have to be on a charger while adding water?
Q. How can I become a distributor for Battery Chem™?
A. Give us a call at the office, and we can discuss that with you. The office number is 401-725-8141.
Q. Is there a MSDS report that you can send me?
A. Yes, just contact us at the office and we will email it out to you. 401-725-8141
recondition 12v lead acid battery ☑how to recondition 12v lead acid battery for Copyright © 1996-2016 All Rights Reserved
|China Depot is a division of|
website templates from wyomingwebdesign.com